- Complimentary full breakfast including assorted fresh fruit, cereals, fresh baked goods, beverages and a different hot entrée each day
- New Sheridan Chop House Restaurant offering steaks, wild game and seafood nightly
- Historic New Sheridan Bar -- the oldest bar in Telluride!
- Complimentary secured ski storage with boot warmers
- Complimentary fitness room
- Open pantry stocked with assorted coffees, hot chocolate, herbal teas, fresh fruit and more
- Complimentary freshly baked, award-winning chocolate chip cookies
- Complimentary local and national newspapers
- Well stocked library with cherry wood fireplace and computer station offering complimentary internet access via iMac and wireless internet access
- Two roof top hot tubs
- 24 Hour front desk
- Concierge service
History of the New Sheridan Hotel
Opened in 1891 just four years after Telluride was founded, the New Sheridan Hotel has been welcoming guests for over 100 years. Like the town itself, the hotel was built in the distinguished Victorian style with the riches from gold and silver strikes in the surrounding San Juan Mountains. The original Sheridan Hotel was a three-story wooden structure built directly east of the courthouse. Three years later, in 1894, the original building was destroyed by fire. The present brick building was erected next door to the burnt lot, and reopened as the New Sheridan Hotel in 1895. A detailed renovation in 1995 reinstated this historic treasure to its former glory and added the renowned New Sheridan Chop House and additional rooms.
The New Sheridan Hotel was recently accepted as a member of the National Trust for Historic Hotels of America, a program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation in Washington, D.C. The National Trust, founded in 1949, is America’s leader in the historic preservation movement with the mission of protecting the irreplaceable. The New Sheridan Hotel's commitment to historic preservation is recognized among 185 hotel members in 44 states, Canada, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The New Sheridan Hotel is dedicated to faithfully maintaining the historic integrity, architecture and ambience of the hotel.
For more information, click here to visit the New Sheridan Hotel website.